How We Maintain Our Green Footprint
Sustainable Manufacturing practices
Energy Efficient Factories
- Energy efficient factory that has the lowest heat footprint of any textile mill in the world.
- Heat derived from volcanoes provides hot water used throughout the finishing processes.
- Hydroelectric power derived from river that flows behind the factories reducing external energy demands.
- Petroleum Pipelines - harnessing heat energy via convective heat transfer from pipelines redirected through the factory
We use Biotechnological processes which means we use enzymes in lieu of chemicals. This reduces the plant's water consumption and output of harmful chemicals. In the textile industry worldwide, enzymatic processes can save 70,000 to 90,000 liters of water per ton of the 9000 tons produced annually. This would correspond to 630 billion liters of water a year saved if all factories used enzymes. Enough water to give 24,000,000 people a full year’s supply.
We provide turnkey cotton recycling cotton programs allowing you to save money by recycling your sheets and towels while supporting sustainability programs
Step 1 - Separation
We don’t throw away any end cuts or waste fabric threads or any Cotton debris. We also Buy waste from surrounding factories and recycle them. We color, separate, dry and clean as much as possible before the shredding process begins
Step 2 - Shredding
After being dried and cleaned the pound goods are put in the shredding machine. Then the non-cotton and dirty shreds fall into a filter basket that separates the usable portion of the waste.
Step 3 - Spinning Yarn
At this point the process is the same as with virgin fiber. The reprocess fiber is baled and sent to be spun and create 100% cotton fibers to be spun into yarn for warping to make towels.
Step 4 - Weaving and Final product
We warp the base fabric with 50% recycled yarn and 50% virgin polyester fibers. The weaving is done with 100% virgin ring spun cotton yarns. The combination of the 3 give you an 85% cotton 15% polyester towel that is super soft and absorbent. It will last as long as any 100% cotton towel and is earth friendly and saves money for all. Due to this process the end user is dried with 100% virgin cotton only.
* All of these give us a competitive advantage in minimizing our carbon footprint and reducing our energy consumption.